Through Marbleseed, WI LFPA contracted farmers will have free access to technical assistance and education to help you grow your farm business and supply food for the program.
Wisconsin has made the commitment to keeping local food local by taking an approach that benefits both small-medium sized farmers and food insecure communities. The WI LFPA Project has been designed to remove the variety of barriers, from logistics to infrastructure, to business management, that smaller farms run by producers from socially disadvantaged communities have when they attempt to scale up or participate in larger markets. We hope that this project will create viable farms and sustainable markets.
Food Security Network Connections
Please feel free to learn more about the following organizations in a different browser prior to answering the next question.
- Feeding Wisconsin (state association of food banks)- www.feedingwi.org/programs/farmers_feeding_wisconsin.php
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin (Milwaukee and Appleton)- www.feedingamericawi.org
- Feed My People Food Bank (Eau Claire)- www.fmpfoodbank.org
- St. Croix Valley Food Bank (Hudson)- www.stcroixvalleyfoodbank.org
- Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank (Duluth, MN)- www.northernlakesfoodbank.org
- Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin- www.secondharvestmadison.org
- Channel One Regional Food Bank via WAFER Food Pantry (La Crosse)- www.waferlacrosse.org
- Hunger Relief Federation- www.hungerrelieffederation.org
- Hunger Task Force (Milwaukee)- www.hungertaskforce.org
Wisconsin Farmers Union Local Food Directory